Hello 399 parents,
A few timely announcements about upcoming events.
Hocking Hills, April 22-23
- On Monday, April 10 at 7 p.m., we’ll be having a campout planning meeting at the Hill Road McDonald’s. If you plan to camp Friday, April 21, Lois needs to know by April 10.
- If you do go on Friday, you’ll be on your own for dinner and breakfast.
- Siblings are welcome to camp with us!
- On Saturday, we’ll have a group hike beginning at 10 a.m., followed by lunch. Then, we’ll have activities from 1-4 p.m.
- There will be no group caravan to the campsite.
- We encourage everyone to stay overnight at least one night.
Camp Falling Rock, June 12-16
- Day camp is for Cub Scouts who will be Tigers, Wolves, or Bears during the 2017-2018 school year.
- For camp details, medical forms, and to register your Scout for camp, visit the Simon Kenton day camp information page.
- This year, everyone will make their own transportation arrangements. Scout families are welcome to initiate carpools.
- There is bus transportation, but parents must ride with their Scouts each day OR we need a designated pack representative to accompany all bus riders from our pack. That individual must know which Scouts he/she will be responsible for AND have youth protection training (and bring a printed certificate to the bus on Monday morning). If you’re interested in being the designated pack rep on the bus, visit this page for youth protection training information and instructions.
As always, feel free to post questions below OR contact Lois or Jeff. You can find their email addresses here.
Popcorn Lady/PR Chair
Hello 399 parents,
Tuesday, February 28 is our Blue & Gold banquet. Here’s what you need to know.
- We’ll be starting at 6:30 p.m. to allow enough time for everything we have lined up.
- We’re asking every family to bring an appetizer (at least 15 servings) representing one of our featured countries: Germany, China/Taiwan, Egypt, India, Switzerland , Thailand, Mexico, and Canada. Or, choose a country not on this list, if you have a favorite!
- Each Cub Scout will be asked to present one interesting fact about the country his appetizer represents.
- Please RSVP with your appetizer choice by Tuesday, February 21 so we can ensure we have a diverse spread!
At last night’s committee meeting, we brainstormed some appetizer ideas. For Germany, brats or pretzels; for Switzerland, swiss cheese or chocolate; for China, egg rolls or meat kabobs; for Mexico, layered dip or chips and salsa; for Canada, Tim Horton’s doughnuts. Feel free to get creative with this!
Please make every effort to attend the banquet. We’ll be discussing some important upcoming events, hosting some Simon Kenton Council visitors, and holding a crossover ceremony. You won’t want to miss it!
At next week’s den meetings (Feb 14), we’ll be handing out Blue & Gold flyers as well. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Please don’t forget that Pinewood Derby build day (if you need help and/or tools to work on your cars) will be at our house this Saturday, January 21, noon till 3. Our address is listed with the event on the pack calendar.
The Pinewood Derby is Tuesday, January 31 in the Violet cafeteria.
Questions? Let us know!
Here’s a brief update on our popcorn sale.
We’ve had four days at Gander Mountain, and our sales thus far total $1,659.00!
We have two more storefront sales this Saturday and Sunday. We exceeded $1,000 in sales our first weekend. Let’s hope we can do it again!
Remember: Last year, we sold over $6,000. This year’s sale ends the first weekend in November — which leaves us about two weeks to reach our $7,000 goal!
As a reminder, any Scout who collects at least $25 in donations (storefront or otherwise) can make a $25 military donation. This will increase your sale total, and put you closer to your prize goal!
Thanks to everyone for working the storefront sales and selling on your own. Keep up the great work. 🙂
WHEN: Sunday, July 17, from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
WHERE: Sycamore Creek Park (lower shelter)
BE SURE TO BRING the following:
- Wolves: Dessert
- Bears: Veggies
- Web 1: Carbs
- Web 2: Drinks
THE PACK WILL PROVIDE hamburgers, hot dogs, buns, and paper products.
BE SURE TO VISIT SCOUTBOOK this week and update your Scout’s requirements so he can be recognized or rank up!
PLEASE RSVP no later than Thursday, July 14!
QUESTIONS? Leave them in the comments below, or email Lois Griffin or Jeff Vandenbark.
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Hello Pack 399 parents!
Are your Scouts ready for the big race? Are you?
Don’t forget: Tomorrow night is the Pinewood Derby. We’ll be meeting in the Violet cafeteria, as usual. Weigh in starts at 6:00 p.m. The derby begins at 7:00. Once everyone arrives, we’ll take a headcount and order pizzas.
If school is cancelled due to snow, the new weigh in/race date will be Tuesday, February 23.
Hello Pack 399!
Are you enjoying the long winter break? (Winter? Yeah, right.)
Parents, our committee meeting is Monday, January 4 (7 p.m. at the Hill Road McDonald’s). All are welcome to attend.
We look forward to seeing Scouts and parents on Tuesday, January 12, at our first den meeting of 2016.
If you missed the pack meeting in December, here’s a link to our latest Fridge Notes. Print it out and hang it on your fridge, so you never miss a beat.
Have a safe and happy NYE celebration! See you in January!